Toolbox for Dyslexia | July 7-9, 2021 | Online
Toolbox for Dyslexia
Date: July 7-9, 2021 (16 hrs)
Schedule: 19:00-01.00 hrs (Amsterdam Time Zone), breaks included. NOTE: The schedule is mainly set for residents in North/South America.
Instructor: Tina Marks
Coursee Fee: € 380 (First Time Attendance), 40% discount for repeaters.
European Early Bird discount: 10% discount, ends on May 1st, 2021 at 23.59 hrs.
Describe how Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration provides the basis for the successful support of individuals with dyslexia and supports positive changes in motor, behavioral and emotional responses and cognitive/academic tasks.
- Explain the behavioral-cognitive links in individuals with challenges and how “anchors” are created based on natural innate mechanisms of neurodevelopment and neuroplasticity for formation of the inner control.
- Explain the theory of the neurophysiology of how a reflex circuit functions and links with dyslexia and limits “studying abilities”.
- Describe the rules applied to and create behavioral-cognitive anchors through reflex repatterning including the HPA axis.
- Demonstrate reflexes from a standing position and how they directly effect the development of imitation, inner control mechanisms for cognitive, physical and emotions skills needed for:
Open for Learning: Greeting the body
Motor Control: Copying from the board and handwriting
Ability to Listen: Note taking, lessen distraction of background
Reading with Ease: Better retention, Ease of eye movements, comprehension
Writing: Getting Ideas on paper, Ability to find the right word, organizational skills
Spelling: Differentiation of similar sounds, visualizing words
Spatial-Temporal: Left-right differentiation, telling time, orientation in space
Selective-Perception Focusing: Figure-ground, Focus control
Memory: Sequences, Time tables, Names
Thinking: Speed of internalization, Ability to study, focus, memorize, and think
Creativity-Motivation: Motivation to succeed, Self-expression, Emotional coherence
- Explore how these reflexes are involved in motor programming and control, and emotional and behavioral responses.
- Describe the basis for the development of inner control, cognitive fine motor coordination, speech, self-regulation, and self-management through role-playing games.
- Explain why protection, fear and amygdala interactions as a reason for challenging behavior.
- Demonstrate methods to facilitate non-cortical (non-classical) auditory perception and processing using developmental potentials of basal ganglia, thalamus and amygdala through reflex patterns development.
- Explain the basis for the formation of motor-cognitive coordination and fine motor skills: cognitive differentiation-memory anchoring, hand-eye, hands-auditory-articulation system, and auditory-vestibular system.
- Demonstrate examples of games and activities to enhance the MNRI® process integration exercises in an interesting and motivating manner.
- Apply knowledge gained in this class to develop individual programs using this MNRI® Program to repattern, activate, and integrate these standing reflex patterns.
- Apply knowledge gained in this class on how to use the Dyslexia Solution Flower to integrate reflexes that are not supporting growth and development of cognitive, emotional, and physical skills.
- Describe the rules for creating the links between reflex circuit functions (automaticity level) and skills (consciously programmed, planned and controlled) to base the learning process on natural sensorimotor patterns to make it productive, easier and reliable in stress.
- Apply the following standing or sitting reflex patterns to help find the individualized Toolbox for Dyslexia:Trunk Extension, Spinning, ATNR, STNR, Sound Directions Game, Acoustic-Stapedius-Game, Acoustic-Stapedius tapping, Visual circles, Horizontal eye tacking, Convergence-Divergence, Hands Supporting, Segmental Rolling, DANCE for developing the skill to identify Yesterday-Tomorrow, Hands Grasp, Babkin Palmomental, Game-Finger Differentiation, Tongue-Eye coordination, Head Righting, Trunk Extension, Spinal Galant, Mouth Spine Rotation, Grounding, Cross lateral Archetype Moves, Bauer Crawling, Bonding Embracing Squeeze, and Landau.